BRIDGE INSPECTION TECHNICIAN
This position is to assist and work under the direct supervision of a Certified Bridge Inspector in our Tallahassee, FL office. Supervisor screens assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects techniques and procedures to be applied on non-routine work. Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignments. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Related work functions are performed as necessary in conjunction with the following related duties and responsibilities:
- Performs assignments to assist in developing engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related bridge inspection tasks and overhead sign structures.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and confined portions of a broader assignment of an experienced bridge inspector.
- Exercise of good judgment is required for details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- May assist another bridge inspector or professional engineer in related work.
- Compiles data, makes and records simple to complex observations, measurements, and computations including quantities under close supervision.
- Prepares technical reports and keeps technical records under close supervision.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, reorganizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or procedures.
- Must be capable of comprehending computer programs related to generating a bridge inspection report within a reasonable amount of time from hire date.
- Responsible for keeping inspection vehicle well stocked with all needed supplies to accomplish a bridge inspection schedule.
- Responsible for keeping inspection vehicle clean and up to date with all maintenance.
- Position requires the ability to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Presence at the designed Bridge Inspection office or job site is necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and be 21 years of age.
- Position requires operation of motor vehicle.
- Position requires overnight travel.
Excellent opportunity for growth with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k).
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a team-friendly environment, please submit your resume and salary requirements.