Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) Inspector
KCCS is seeking to hire a qualified Inspector to work on roadway/bridge construction projects in the Tampa area. Responsible for performing assignments in assisting Senior Inspector in the performance of their duties. Receive general supervision from the Senior Inspector who reviews work while in progress. Observes and documents both simple and complex construction work and assists other inspectors. Formal and informal training is provided as needed.
The following is a listing of the FDOT requirements for this position.
High school graduate or equivalent plus two (2) years of experience in construction inspection, one (1) year of which will have been in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection, or a Civil Engineering degree with the ability to earn additional required qualifications within one year. (Note: Engineer Intern classification requires E.I.T. certificate)
Must have the following as required by the scope of work of the project:
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level I
- CTQP Asphalt Paving Level I
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I
- CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection (required for inspection of all drilled shafts including miscellaneous structures such as sign structures, lighting structures, and traffic signal structures)
- IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level I
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I
- FDOT Intermediate MOT
- Nuclear Radiation Safety
- Florida Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Training and Certification
- Program for Inspectors and Contractors
- Position requires operation of motor vehicle. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Position requires ability to physically lift approximately 50 pounds
- Presence at the designated office or job site is necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position. Full benefits available; i.e., medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k, vacation/sick leave.
EEO & Drug Free Workplace.