KCCS, Inc., is seeking to hire a qualified Senior Inspector to work on roadway/bridge construction projects in the Tampa Bay Area. Responsible for performing highly complex technical assignments in field surveying and construction layout, making and checking engineering computations, inspecting construction work, and conducting field tests and is responsible for coordinating and managing the lower level inspectors. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Project Administrator. Performance at this level requires extensive construction engineering experience, comprehension of engineering design standards and requirements, and/or equivalent level of education.
The following is a listing of the FDOT requirements for this position.
High school graduate or equivalent plus four (4) years of experience in construction inspection, two (2) years of which shall have been in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection or a Civil Engineering degree and one (1) year of road & bridge CEI experience with the ability to earn additional required qualifications within one year. (Note: Senior Engineer Intern classification requires one (1) year experience as an Engineer Intern.)
Must have the following as required by the scope of work for the project:
- CTQP Concrete Field Technician Level I
- CTQP Concrete Field Technician Level II (Bridges)
- CTQP Asphalt Paving Level I
- CTQP Asphalt Paving Level II
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I (ECI I)
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level II (ECI II)
- CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection (required for inspection of all drilled shafts including miscellaneous structures such as sign structures, lighting structures, and traffic signal structures)
- Qualified Grouting Technician Level I
- CTQP Post-Tensioning Technician Level I
- IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level I
- FDOT Intermediate MOT
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I
- Nuclear Radiation Safety
- Florida Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Training and Certification
Program for Inspectors and Contractors
- Position requires operation of motor vehicle. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Position requires ability to physically lift approximately 50 pounds
- Presence at the designated office or job site is necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position.
Full benefits available; i.e., medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k, vacation/sick leave.
EEO & Drug Free Workplace.