Kisinger Campo & Associates, Corp. (KCA) is seeking applicants for CEI Inpection in our North Carolina offices.
Established in 1976, KCA is a minority-owned multidisciplinary engineering firm that has served the transportation industry for more than 45 years. Our North Carolina staff have been providing engineering services to NCDOT and local clients for more than 20 years. KCA has steadily transformed from a three-person firm into an organization consistently listed on Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Engineering Firms nationwide. Our focus is client satisfaction through safe, economic designs and quality deliverables. Our firm has more than 300 employees, offering the stability and opportunities of a large firm, while emphasizing team camaraderie and a family atmosphere. At KCA, our employees are treated as individuals, not as numbers on a spreadsheet. We look forward to you joining our family and building long lasting relationships and growing as an engineering professional.
Full Time KCA employees receive full benefits including medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k), and specialty programs.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a team-friendly environment, please submit your resume and salary requirements.
Highway Construction Inspector
This is technical engineering work supporting higher level technicians and engineers. This position requires prior experience in construction or engineering. Performs technical duties supporting engineers and other professionals in areas such as construction, materials testing, design, surveys, and/or program compliance. Formal and informal training is provided as needed. Supervisor screens assignments for unusual or difficult problems and provides direction on procedures and actions to be followed and supervision on new assignments. Observes both simple and complex construction work and assists other inspectors. Requires State certification in ACI.
Related work functions are performed as necessary in conjunction with the following related duties and responsibilities:
- Working knowledge and understanding of general concepts, practices and theories used in the technical specialty area under direct supervision.
- Basic knowledge of state and/or federal rules/regulations to determine compliant
- Ability to perform land and property searches and plot information
- Ability to serve as survey crew member, assist with operation and maintaining equipment, staking out limits, checking alignment and grade; ability to stake and plot parameters.
- Performs assignments to assist in computing, calculating, and recording quantities used on the job site.
- Observes specific contractor activities, as directed by supervisors, and completes daily logs on work activities and observations.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific field tests to verify that material requirements meet specifications and reports non-conformance to supervisors.
- Observes contractor’s work and verifies that field dimensions meet specifications and plan requirements.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations; makes others aware of discrepancies and follows operations through related detailed steps or procedures.
- Assists supervisors in preparing weekly, monthly and yearly progress, and technical reports.
- Some judgment is required for details of work and in making field decisions and recommendations.
- As part of professional development, requires completion of all required certifications.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, reorganizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or procedures.
- Position requires operation of motor vehicle.
- Position requires ability to physically lift approximately 50 pounds.
- Presence at the designated office or job site is necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location