Kisinger Campo & Associates, Corp. (KCA) is seeking applicants for a Roadway Department Manager in our Charlotte, NC office.
This position is under the direct supervision of a Vice President, Regional Manager or Area Manager. As a recognized leader and authority in corporation, oversees all department or office activities. Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of specific objectives. Work at this level usually requires extensive progressive experience. Normally requires professional registration.
Related work functions are performed as necessary in conjunction with the following duties and responsibilities:
1) Adheres to a level of full technical responsibility for interpreting, planning, organizing, executing, and coordinating project assignments.
- responsible for the technical adequacy of the Department’s or office’s work
- oversees quality control procedures
- provides final decisions on technical questions which cannot be resolved at a lower levels
- controls QC by judicious assignment of qualified personnel with trainees
- performs QC reviews when necessary
2) Supervises and directs team leaders, engineers, technicians, and clerical staff; estimates manpower needs and assigns work to meet project milestone dates.
- responsible for department work in progress and overall project schedules
- prioritizes projects and individual assignments
- authorizes overtime
3) Maintains appropriate staff and supervises the staff’s performance of its duties and assignments
- performs periodic and annual reviews
- oversees all hiring and firing
- makes individual work assignments
4) Recommends facilities, personnel and funds required to carry department or office objectives and goals. Responsible for administration of the department, including:
- approval of time sheets
- preliminary approval of expense reports
- preliminary approval of software, hardware, furniture, and equipment requests
- preliminary approval of seminar requests
- preliminary approval of vacation requests
5) Regulates project budgets and schedules and provides input for contractual requirements and adjustments.
6) Responsible to maintain contact with staff and officials of other organizations and companies, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
7) Responsible for the development and completion of proposals and the coordination/involvement with presentations.
- assists with marketing and proposals
- assigns or leads effort in oral proposals
- assists with preparation of letters of interest
- assists management with decisions to pursue clients and projects
- assists management and marketing personnel with client visits and development of new markets
- oversees negotiation of man hours and assists contract department with negotiation of fees
- maintains continued contact with clients
8) Accentuates work through professional development. Encourages and is responsible for professional development of office or staff.
9) Presence at the designated office or job site is necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position.
KCA is a minority-owned multidisciplinary engineering firm that has served the transportation industry for 45 years. KCA has steadily transformed from a three-person firm into an organization consistently listed on Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Engineering Firms nationwide. Our firm has more than 300 employees, so we offer the stability and opportunities of a large firm, but when you join us you are not just a number, you are part of the family.
Excellent opportunity for growth with full benefits including medical, dental, life, disability, and 401(k).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location