Kisinger Campo & Associates, Corp. (KCA) is seeking applicants for a Local Roadway Project Manager – Senior Project Manager for our Charlotte, NC office.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Department Manager. Supervision received is both technical and administrative. Guidance and advice are given on difficult or complex assignments; Assists in planning and developing engineering projects and the coordination of project concepts. Work requires sufficient experience and education to assure competence in technical tasks assigned. Requires advanced knowledge, defined as work which is predominantly intellectual in character and which includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and judgement. Advanced knowledge must be in the field of engineering. Advanced knowledge must be acquired by engineering degree. Requires professional registration.
Work at this level requires technical and management experience in one or more disciplines with limited experience in related disciplines.
Related work functions are performed as necessary in conjunction with the following duties and responsibilities:
1) Adheres to a level of technical responsibility for interpreting, planning, organizing, executing, and coordinating projects.
- leads project engineers and senior engineers in adherence to project requirements
- provides assistance with coordinating and resolving technical issues which need the clients’ input and decision making
- oversees the coordination work between various disciplines and subconsultants completing work on the project
- is responsible to become thoroughly familiar with all submittal requirements
- contributes to the QA process by monitoring QC comments, peer review comments, and client review comments.
- makes such recommendations and suggestions to project engineers, senior engineers, and their superiors to improve a project’s quality and technical adequacy which is deficient.
2) Contributes to and coordinates work for assigned projects. Plans and coordinates project schedules, submittals, and reviews.
- is the main contact between client and consultant and subconsultants
- coordinates with project engineers to prepare detailed CPM schedules and updates for all disciplines and all critical tasks.
- tracks contract issues, requests time extensions and coordinates with client on other contractual issues
- tracks overall project budget with respect to percent of project complete and coordinates budget with project engineers/ senior engineers.
- coordinates and prepares supplemental agreements and requests for fee increases with subconsultants, project/senior engineers and client
3) Assists the Department Manager with department activities and assists with prioritizing project and evaluation of clients.
4) Assists with marketing.
- assists management and marketing personnel with client visits
- maintains continued contact with assigned clients and their respective staffs – inputs data and contacts into contact management software
- is responsible to become known to the client
- tracks assigned clients work program, upcoming projects, and project issues for future use in pursuit of work with the client
- is responsible to become knowledgeable of the clients qualification and selection criteria
5) Assists with preparation of proposals and participates in presentations.
- takes a lead role in the preparation of written and oral proposals and coordinates each disciplines/subconsultants participation
- assists with preparation of letters of interest, including the tracking of potential projects
- oversees negotiation of staff- hours requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
6) Accentuates work through professional development. Maintains liaison with staff and
other organizations within and outside the corporation.
7) Presence at the designated office or job site is necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position.
KCA is a minority-owned multidisciplinary engineering firm that has served the transportation industry for 45 years. KCA has steadily transformed from a three-person firm into an organization consistently listed on Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Engineering Firms nationwide. Our firm has more than 300 employees, so we offer the stability and opportunities of a large firm, but when you join us you are not just a number, you are part of the family.
Excellent opportunity for growth with full benefits including medical, dental, life, disability, and 401(k).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location