Engineer that starts to work independently on components of a larger task or project and begins to be responsible for the direction of entry level staff. Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of specific objectives. Requires advanced knowledge, defined as work predominantly intellectual in character, which includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and judgement
Minimum Years of Experience: 3-6
Degree Required: Bachelor of Science (BS)
Registration Required: E.I. (Preferred but not required)
- Continuing development of standard techniques and procedures.
- Use of basic standards and guidelines with development of additional knowledge to use on assignments that require a higher level of work.
- Performs specific and limited segments of an experienced engineer’s broader assignment with less supervision.
- Participate in collection and analysis of data and preparation of satisfactory designs.
- Provide some direction to drafting personnel in preparing design drawings.
- Perform design calculations (appropriate to discipline), conduct investigative analyses toward completion of assigned design tasks, and direct preparation of design drawings and/or specifications.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques.
- May be responsible for single phase or component of a project.
- May occasionally supervise and schedule work of other team members.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Develops plans, specifications, and inspection reports as needed on assigned tasks to see that these items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice.
- Is technically involved in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others.
- General coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Has limited client contact at staff level.
- Presence at the designated office or job site is necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position.