Kisinger Campo & Associates (KCA) currently has an opening in our Orlando office for a Drainage Engineer. This position is under the direct supervision of the Department Manager and typically receives direction and work assignments from a Chief Drainage Design Engineer, Project Manager or Department Manager. The position requires a solid understanding of transportation design projects, a strong foundation of hydrologic and hydraulics engineering principles, and solid communication skills. Work at this level requires extensive technical experience with additional limited management experience. Responsibilities include assistance in preparation of proposals including presentations and lead drainage design including storm drain, pond, and floodplain design for transportation projects. Requires professional registration in the State of Florida. FDOT design experience including with FDOT Drainage Manual and FDOT Plans Preparation Manual is preferred, but not mandatory. Familiarity with Hydraulic modeling software (ICPR, ASAD, and HEC-RAS) is required.
(The ideal candidate would have 6 to 8 years of experience with a PE. Ability to take on tasks with little or no supervision.)
Related work functions are performed as necessary in conjunction with the following duties and responsibilities:
1) As a fully competent drainage engineer in all conventional aspects of the subject matter, he or she is responsible for the technical adequacy of the projects assigned. This position requires the use of drainage engineering concepts of specialized field and other related disciplines.
- determines project design criteria
- performs design calculations
- Documents assumptions, design decisions, results of calculations, conclusions, and recommendations in reports, project documentation, letters, or memorandums.
- oversees all aspects of the project development for that discipline
- makes all decisions independently on drainage engineering problems, methods, and project technical questions subject to overrides by the chief drainage engineer or department manager
- applies intensive and diversified knowledge of drainage engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
- assignments require the use of advanced drainage engineering techniques, and the modification and extension of exiting concepts and practices of in the individuals specialized field
- requires the knowledge of and coordination with other related disciplines to achieve an overall compatible product
- reviews drainage design engineers calculations and plans preparations
- performs QC reviews on the project
- is thoroughly familiar with FDOT guidelines and standards or other applicable specifications
- is thoroughly familiar with AASHTO and/or other related codes
2) Plans and develops one of more drainage engineering projects. Assists the Department Manager and Chief Engineer in a supervisory capacity with individual projects. Supervises, coordinates and reviews the work of a project design staff, technicians and other professionals
- leads project discipline team in daily and weekly assignments
- tracks the project schedule and makes recommendations as to project staffing and makes adjustments to work efforts by directing project team
- evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of project activities to be carried out by others
- maintains contact with the project manager and client
- represents the corporation in meetings to resolve important technical questions, and to plan and coordinate work
3) Assists with marketing and proposals
- can perform lead discipline role in proposals and presentations
- assists management and marketing personnel with client visits, etc.
- is capable of negotiating staff- hours and preparing requests for supplemental agreements
4) Is proficient in specific computer applications and familiar with CADD capabilities.
5) Accentuates work through professional development.
6) Presence at the designated office or job site is necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position.